Introduction to Python Language
Python language is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It was developed by Guido van Rossum at CWI in the Netherlands.
Python 1.0 was released in 1994. Since then language have seen many changes and improvement so far. Python is an open source language. It is driven by a great community of developers and testers from all over the worlds.
Here are few pointers about “Why you should learn python language”.
- One of the major advantages of python is its syntax and readability. It has an intuitive syntax which makes user to focus on logic rather than tiny language details.
- Python language supports all major Operating systems available, like Windows, MAC and Linux.
- Python efficiently handles lower level operations like garbage collection and memory management by itself. You don’t have to worry about these things.
- Python has a vast collection of standard libraries which speeds up the development process.
- Python can seamlessly collaborate with other important languages Like C, Java. For example- Jython is a flavour of python language which can import a JAVA classes and use them.
Importance of Python Language in current technical space
Python is showing an ever-growing demand in many technical areas. Some important areas are as follows:
Frameworks such as Django and Flask made python very popular in the area of web development. Their ease of use and extensibility has made them a favourite among newbie’s as well as experienced professionals.
Scientific and Numeric
Python is a first choice for scientific calculations and data crunching. It has some superb libraries to perform these kinds of tasks.
- SciPy is a collection of packages for mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Pandas is a data analysis and modelling library.
Python is being used heavily in automation domain. Major automation frameworks like Selenium and Appium supports python. Python have some famous native automation tools also like robot
Python’s elegant and simple syntax has made it very popular in the academic sector. Recent trend has shown that Python past Java as first choice of programming language.
Universities like MIT now teach programming in Python language.