In this tutorial, we will learn about human resource management is the part of the control that is concerned with the people at work and their relationship with an enterprise.
It is a process of management that is directly concerned with the organization’s human resources. The term human resource can be defined as the skills knowledge training and experience that a manager should have to manage any organization.
If a strategic approach to the effective management of people in a company or organization, they help their business gain a competitive advantage. May be designed to maximize employee performance in the service of an employer’s strategic objectives. Human resource management is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and systems.
HR departments are responsible for overseeing employee-benefits design, employee recruitment, training and development, performance appraisal, and reward management, such as managing pay and benefit systems. HR also concerns itself with organizational change and industrial relations, or the balancing of corporate practices with requirements arising from collective bargaining and governmental laws.
HR professionals manage the human capital of an organization and focus on implementing policies and processes. They can specialize in finding, recruiting, training, and developing employees while maintaining employee relations or benefits.
Training and development professionals ensure that employees are trained and have continuous development. May has done through training programs, performance evaluations, and reward programs.
Features Of Human Resource Development:
- It is an inherent part of management.
- Pervasive function
- Scope of HRD.
- It is concerned with all categories of personnel from top to bottom.
Importance\Objectives Of Human Resource Management:
- To ensure optimum utilization of resources.
- To ensure maximum development of human resources through welfare opportunities and salary hikes.
- Identify and satisfy individuals by offering various monetary and non-monetary rewards.
- Ensure respect for human beings by providing services and welfare activities to personnel.
Steps involved in HRM:
- Human resource or workforce planning.
- Recruitment, selection, and placement of personnel.
- Training and development of employees.
- Appraisal of performance of employees.
- The motivation of the workforce
- Remuneration to employees.
- The social security and welfare of societies.
QUALITIES OF A HUMAN RESOURCE (HR) MANAGER:
Essential Qualities of an HR Manager:
- In physical health, vigor, and address.
- Judgmental, mental strength, and adaptability.
- Educational general acquaintance.
- Technical peculiar to the function.
Significant Qualities of an HR Manager:
- He should be mentally alert.
- He should have a personal approach to human problems.
- He should be competent to make decisions.
- He should be patient in listening to the issues of the employee.
FUNCTIONS OF HR:
It requires that managers be aware of environmental conditions facing their organization, forecast future requirements, and decide to advance the policies that will drive the employees towards the achievement of organizational goals.
It is a grouping of personnel activity into functions according to the delegation of authority.
HR must have the ability to identify the need for employees and the means and methods to satisfy those needs.
Controlling involves performance appraisal of employees, critical examination of employee records, and suggesting ways to improve employee performance.
It includes assessing the human resources requirement into an organization and then selecting the right kind of employee fit for that position.
The employees must give a fair amount of salary, which is consistent with the amount of their work done.
The HR manager has full information relating to personnel and working knowledge of various labor enactments; he helps in collective bargaining, joint consultation, and settlements of disputes.
He may advise on achieving and maintaining good human relations and high employee morale.
He offers advice on recruitment and selection, placement, training, etc.